Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Yes, Yes,... A NEW D2H OWNER..happy happy joy joy

BRiggleman

Charles Town, US
328 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
BRiggleman Registered since 10th Nov 2002
Wed 17-Mar-04 05:07 PM

I had a great birthday this year, got my moon beam alarm clock, a carving knife, a gift certificate to Bill Watson's chicken in Frederick, MD and of course..... a D2H.

Will I go back and play with my D100?... not for awhile. Lots to learn with this puppy. I remember Scott Wong's enthusiasm with his D1X, I feel it. Oh do I feel it.

Anyway, to the point of this post. I have played with this camera now for about 3 days and have come to some points I would like to discuss.

The WB in bright to medium light, indoors or out, seems to be right on, however when inside in low light situations where one might use ISO's of 1200 or higher I see the White Balance failing. Is this typical?

Auto focus is dead on, however I am still trying to play with its tracking ability and not having much luck. This is more my fault than the camera's I am sure.

OK, now... with the camera on Auto everything, default settings of ISO 200 and such, I am getting some of the best shots ever. The sharpness of the images is fantastic. Now don't laugh, but when I went from my coolpix 995 to the D100, I was disappointed to say the least. The images were underexposed and no sharpness to the point I complained the camera did not focus correctly. I soon was educated in Anti-alias filters, their effects and the need for post processing or setting the sharpness in the camera to give me what I expected.

Now the D2H is doing exactly what I think is should do on Auto everything! And it even says this in the manual!! I am now a happy camper. (By the way, my wife got this baby for me....I guess I wore out the brochure reading it every night)

I am not a professional, this is a hobby for me and now I have a professional working tool to play with. I have done a few weddings for relatives and they praised my work (what else could they say, I was free ) Lets hope I can learn what the D2H is capable of and use it to the best of its ability.

Now I am really having fun.

Brad

I always want the next model up!

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Yes, Yes,... A NEW D2H OWNER..happy happy joy joy