Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Rick Wiese

61 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Rick Wiese Basic Member
Mon 05-Feb-01 04:40 PM

Okay, here's a question for all you D1 and digital experts around here. The newspaper I work for recently bought us a D1 and, I confess, I've avoided using it to shoot basketball games because a couple of others (namely, the paper's previous chief news photographer, who recently left, and new chief news photographer) tried shooting games with available light and ended up with a grayish cast and little contrast in their photos. I've been sticking with my F3 for the time being. Last week, a sports writer took it to a game and used flash and the photos turned out fine. My question is, what were the guys using available light doing wrong and how can I correct it so I can feel comfortable using it for my indoor sports photos?

Thanks for your help!
Rick

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D1 for indoor sports

G