Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D1 repairs vs new D-100

jcsdra

San Diego, US
24 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jcsdra Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Feb 2002
Sun 11-Aug-02 11:07 PM

Hi,

I recently shot my D-1 at a wedding outside on a hot sunny day. It was very hot and I was in the direct sun high 80s low 90s for about 30 minutes and the rubber grip on the back of the camera just peel off. This was very untimely.

The rest of the shoot was a little sticky. Anyway, its about time for the camera cleaning so I could send it into Nikon for the cleaning and fix this grip thing.

Or I could sell and buy a d-100. A decision???

Does any one have knowledge if nikon does a complete refurb on the cameras or do they just fix whats wrong and return it.

Specifically, will they fix the magenta purple color problem or is that there for the length of ownership. (It seems to me they should fix this defect for free.) Also, does anyone have experince with typical costs for such service repair work?

Last, I saw broadway photo shows they are selling the d-100 at $1649. Is that for real or is there a problem there. I saw one posting that mention a few problems with the D-100 and a possible recall whats that all about?? Any help would be appriciated.

sticky times
JCSDRA

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G