Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Focusing Screens or ViewFinder issue

cvengr

Palm Springs, US
3 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
cvengr Registered since 11th Aug 2002
Sun 11-Aug-02 03:20 AM

I recently purchased a D100 and ave had a CP5000 since Feb, replacing an older Nikon FE with static focal length glass.

My shooting methods allow me sufficient time to change lenses and adjust the exposure variables to compose the shot I desire.

My question regards how to best adapt the D100 to my desires or to change my shooting style to best compose the shot.

1) Focusing. The D100, built around the N80, is obviously designed around numerous SW/firmware, and corporate knowledge of these systems now simply labeled as 'AF'. I prefer to always double check or confirm the focus of my shot so that if I which to zoo up on the image later, I might still retain information I previously hadn't considered. With a Nikon FE, I had a nice viewfinder/focusing screen which is now adapted in my composition style.

Can I change the D100/N80 focusing system after the TTL mirrored image enters the viewfinder to ensure my shots are focused as I desite them, manually?

G