Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Amadeus

Cranleigh, UK
8 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Amadeus Registered since 09th Aug 2003
Wed 13-Aug-03 02:58 PM

Here's one for all you digital fans out there!

I'm toyng with the idea of getting a digital SLR. At the moment use an F3 with some fine MF lenses which I would like to use on a digital body if possible as I cannot afford to replace them with AF versions yet. I'm not fussed about matrix metering/multi program or any of that nonsense, as long as I can use a basic C/W meter and TTL flash, and be able to plug the thing in to my Mac.

I guess the ultimate question is: Is a rugged F3 with 5fps motor still faster, better and more reliable than a digital SLR? Is digital more prone to knocks and bumps/extreme temperatures etc....
Is digital quality better/worse than transparency film? Is it possible to transfer digital pics to standard 35mm transparency film, for projection alongside regular slides?

Any comments would be HUGELY appreciated!

G