Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

need help with F/2.8 80-200 lens decision for d1x

thompson1600

St Paul, US
215 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
thompson1600 Basic Member
Sun 04-Aug-02 11:39 PM

Hello,
I need help from someone who has used the following lenses. They will be used on a D1x and an F100. I really want to get the AFS 80-200 Nikon, but the price is high, so my questions are as follows;

1. Is the AFS lens clearer at the F stops and throughout the zoom range over the standard Nikon 80-200 f/2.8?

2. Has anyone used the Sigma Zoom Telephoto 70-200mm f/2.8 EX APO IF HSM Autofocus Lens for Nikon AF-D and how does that compare to the Nikons through the F stop ranges and zoom ranges for clarity?

3. Has anyone used the Tokina Zoom Telephoto AF 80-200mm f/2.8 AT-X 828AF Pro Autofocus Lens for Nikon AF-D and how does that compare to the Nikons through the F stop ranges and zoom ranges for clarity?

I am looking for the most usable lens throughout the f/stops with greatest clarity through the zoom. It doesn't necessarily have to be the fastest AF for my needs. Thanks

Tom

G