Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Again, lens preference

gewe21

Milwaukee, US
197 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
gewe21 Basic Member
Sat 16-Dec-00 09:14 PM

Hi there guys
I'm an amateur photographer, just started about a year ago.
Right now I'm using a combo a Nikon F80 (yupe, bought it in Singapore), Nikkor 24-120mm, and a couple of weeks ago just added SB28 to my arsenal.
I've got a few questions :
1. What mainly do you use wide angle lenses for ? landscape ? Can you shoot vacation photo (e.g. a person in front of the background) using this lens ? Would the person "distort" / bend ?
2. What is telephoto for ? portrait ? macro-photography ? I'm not into sports/action photography.
3. I'm thinking of getting a zoom wide angle and telephoto. I'm considering the new Nikkor 18-35mm f3.5-4.5 for the wide angle, and Nikkor 80-200mm f2.8 AF-ED two touch (non AFS), although it's pricey. How would you compare the latter one with Nikkor 70-300mm AF-ED, and Sigma 70-200 f2.8 APO HSM ? I mean, which one is better ? and which one should I get ?
Thanks

George Oei
Madison, WI
"Dude, you're getting a Nikkor !!!"

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Again, lens preference
Reply message RE: Again, lens preference
Reply message Filter
Reply message RE: Filter