Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
photobri

Phoenix, US
2334 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
photobri Basic Member
Thu 14-Dec-00 12:05 PM

Replying to a message from MERLIN (Mike) from a Macro photography post in the Nikonians Ladies section...

Mike, tell me more about this PB-13. I have never used an extension tube. (nor have I seen one)
Where do you attach? What do you loose in terms of sharpness or apperture? Focus speed, although this lens is one that usually is set to manual? Can you still use the lens as a general purpose lens while the tube is attached? How big?
Finally, what all is gained?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, but as you can see, you have my interest and attention!

Thanks, Brian

Merlin wrote...
If you're able to find a nice 55mm Micro Nikkor, you'll be able to get up to a true 1:1 with it by adding a PB-13 auto extension tube. Not only that, this wonderful lens also works well for general purpose photography, and still gives you a pretty bright viewfinder. Since the front element is safely recessed, you even get a free lens hood!

We used the 55 for copying camera-ready art to slides in the days before scanners, and frankly the results were better than any other flat-field lens I've worked with and only very high end scanners can hold a candle to it. A true classic built to last for ever!

Mike

Brian

Phoenix Nikonian

Fine Art Wedding Photojournalism

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Micro 55 & PB-13