Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikkor 135mm Auto-Q lens

Merlin

416 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Merlin Basic Member
Wed 07-Jun-00 12:27 PM

Question for all those non-autofocus Nikonians out there:

Does anybody own one of these old lenses? I've noticed a lot of them going very cheaply on eBay, and many seem to have been AI'd. This focal length is my personal favorite as a portrait lens. I own a good Tamron 135 but I'd like an original Nikkor so that it would focus in the right direction and feel the same as my other Nikon glass - easier to use in a hurry.

I gather the Q series wasn't multicoated, but is it still a good performer? Not every lens Nikon made was an gold medal candidate, they had some lemons, too - remember the 43-86mm zoom? I think the designer of THAT particular lens, the inventor of lens flare and barrel distortion, was demoted and now ekes out a living at fifty yen a month drilling the holes in the tops of toothbrushes.

Any comments, please?

Mike Graham

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikkor 135mm Auto-Q lens

G