Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Back from Kenya & Rwanda

zuman

US
154 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
zuman Registered since 04th Jan 2006
Wed 07-Mar-07 08:42 PM

I've made several trips to Africa before, but I just returned from three weeks in Kenya and Rwanda where I used my 200-400, 70-200, 28-70, and 10.5.
The 200-400 was awesome, but very challenging to use in a vehicle with 5 other people. I started out with it hanging from a Sidekick on a Gitzo CF monopod, but ended up handholding it for the most part.
It was also VERY difficult to transport. Both Kenya Airways and BA are really holding firm to their one carry-on rule, and my Airport Acceleration backback was jam-packed with photo gear, leaving no room at all for those non-photo-related items that we like to have in the cabin with us. As it was, I dodged a bullet because my pack weighed 27lb while the carry-on limit was 22lb. One member of our party was stopped to have his pack weighed, while another who had two smaller bags was made to check one of them.
I've started uploading some of the 100-or-so keepers. The first 14 shots here
http://www.pbase.com/zuman/wtwp
are from the trip, with more to come...

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Back from Kenya & Rwanda
     Reply message 70-200