Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Looking for lens for FM3A

Agent Flowers

IS
63 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
Agent Flowers Registered since 12th Apr 2002
Wed 24-Jul-02 09:16 AM

Hi,
I recently bought a brand new FM3A with a 50mm f/1.8 AI lens, I'm looking to expand my lens "collection" and have some questions.
I'm thinking I'll get an AF lens, just in case I'll buy an AF body sometime in the future, is that a good idea or are the MF lenses better with MF cameras?
I'm interested in the AF 20mm f/2.8D, does anyone have experience with that lens, or are there recommendations for other ultra-wides (...Sigma perhaps)? It's available gray-market from B&H for about a 100$ less than the USA, is "grey" an option/good idea for overseas buyers?
Also for longer lenses, I'd like a zoom or prime tele that I can use hand-held, I've noticed the 70-300mm f/4-5.6D, is it any good? It's a bit slow for my liking, what others are there I should think about?

I have a lot of questions because Nikon has a very poor presence where I'm living, I had to order my FM3A (unseen) specially from the store and the same goes for lenses, I can't just go browsing the selection and see what I like because there isn't much of anything in stock. Also they're service is appalling and the prices are off the chart, so I'm lookikng for other options, like B&H.

Thanks,

-Heidar.

In the land of the blind a
one eyed man is king.

-Heidar.

In the land of the blind a
one eyed man is king.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Looking for lens for FM3A