Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Niikor Lens-Please advise

fadilhashim

24 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
fadilhashim Basic Member
Thu 30-Nov-00 12:15 PM

Hi all,

Has always been able to get helpful advises from these forums. This is yet another query that I need help on and thanks in advance for all who offer their opinions.
I currently have a 28-105mm/f3.5-4.5 afd lens on a f100. I am now thinking of trading that with the 35-70mm f2.8 AFD. I'm considering this due to the fixed apperture value of 2.8 across all focal range and also I've heard that the 35-70mm is superior in optical performance. I do not care much about focal length and weight but I do care a lot about picture sharpness and color contrast. I would appreciate if anybody could advise me the performance difference between the two. Basically, if it's not too much difference, I would not trade in the 28-105mm.
Again, thanks in advance.

regards
Fadil

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Niikor Lens-Please advise

G