Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

28-105 and 70-300 with M2 ring?

frankie

530 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
frankie Basic Member
Sat 25-Nov-00 12:39 PM

Well, I'm looking to upgrade to a broader-suiting set of lenses... My 28-80 will go back on the F60 if all goes well.

Now, I have two questions.

First, the 28-105...How well does it work with an M2 extension tube? When I use this extension tube I meter stopped-down for Macro... I'm used to it and like doing it that way so I don't want to hear why what I am doing isn't right...I only want to know if anyone has tried this lens with an M2 tube (or a PK tube)

Secondly, the 70-300 - how well does that work on an extension tube? On my 70-210, I can push the max-aperature lock and rotate the aperature ring. On my 28-80, I have to slide that little lever over when I want to manually actuate the aperature ring... How does the 70-300 fair both in this regard and optically?

Cheeri'o...
Frankie...

G