Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Zoom Lens Suggestions

FTO13

Frisco, US
35 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
FTO13 Registered since 23rd Dec 2006
Mon 25-Dec-06 03:17 AM

I just got my new D40 as an early Christmas present and am already looking at other zoom options. I originally thought that I would go with the 18-200 VR AF-S as a single solution, but the more I check the other available lenses and my applications, I beginning to think that maybe I should go with the 18-135 and the 70-300. (The 18-135 for a majority of my indoor shooting; family, around the house, school functions, etc... and the 70-300 for general outdoor/nature and cheerleading/football photo work. Am I looking at this the right way with regard to focal lengeth and lens speed? I don't have problem with spending around $1000 for a good combination. I'm finding, that even after a couple of days shooting with the 17-55 kit lens, it's just not enough lens for my applications and liking. Santa tried! "Bless his heart!" Thanks to all for their valuable input. Merry Christmas!

Cheers,

FTO13
"ForeverTheOptimist"

G