Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

New York Trip Advice

zurf

US
53 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
zurf Registered since 05th Apr 2003
Wed 23-Aug-06 01:44 AM

Planning a one week NY trip around Labor Day. First visit to NY so will visit the usual sites including the Met, Moma, B&H, Apple Store, Yankee Stadium, Blue Man Group, theatre, pizza and so on. I plan to take my D200, 18-200 and either a 35 2.0 or 50 1.8 or both in a Tamrac Velocity 7 or Leather Messenger Bag or Nikon Leather CF-D200 case (I will leave my 180 2.8 and SB-600 home). First question - would you recommend the 35 or 50 or both? Second question - can anyone tell me if I will run into entrance restrictions or problems at these or ANY other locations and if so which bag or bags would work best?

For example, I know there is no photography at the theatre, but I hate to not have my camera with me before and after the show so can I check these in at the theatre? I also know backpacks are not allowed in some museums, so would the CF-D200 case or a messenger bag be a better choice? Will my Tamrac be allowed in Yankee Stadium? Too many questions.

Look forward to your input!

a few more shots at http://www.thesmokingcamera.com

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: New York Trip Advice
Reply message Check Out City Pass