Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Zoom Lens to go with the D50?

Robin714

US
10 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Robin714 Registered since 12th Nov 2005
Mon 17-Apr-06 01:31 PM

Hi,
I got the D50 (first DSLR) for Christmas but haven't had the time to learn anything about it. I have been using it all this time with the settings on Auto. Since I have always used a point and shoot, to me this camera is taking beautiful pictures with everyting on Auto. I am now able to take some time to learn the camera and my photoshop elements software so I ordered the Introduction to the D50 DVd and the Magic Lantern guide to the D50.
The one thing that I have noticed with the pictures I have taken since Christmas is that I definitely need a zoom lens. I only have the kit lens. So I am looking for a beginner zoom lens to go with it. I know that I want the new 18-200 VR but that is 750.00 and I don't know if with me being just a beginner if I would use it to it's full potenital. Is there a cheaper good zoom for a beginner till I am more experienced to get the 18-200 or should I just wait till I have enough money and buy the 18-200 VR as that is eventually the only lens I will be using. This is just for everyday and holiday picture taking. I'm going to Disney in November and hope to get good pictures there also. I just like to have good pictures when I take them.
Thanks for any help
Robin

G