Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

One more 12-24 question (more crop samples)

ageofempires

67 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
ageofempires Registered since 15th Oct 2002
Fri 24-Feb-06 08:54 PM

I appreciate all of the help so far, so I hope you will excuse me for requesting the review of another image (actually a crop). Per my last post, I got a 12-24 yesterday and did a couple of quick snaps. It's raining today, so I can't venture out to try any more.

I've done more looking at the 12mm pics and I guess I'm still confused about what you would characterize as CA. There is one area in the photograph I posted earlier, and the same general area (both locationaly and in the frame itself) from a different photo and different vantage point that I am still curious about.

Please have a look at the crop linked below (sorry, I've had trouble getting a "zoom-in" crop, so this is about the best I can do right now). Look within the fence and you'll see sets of small, horizontal, black bars covering up some of the areas of the pic where the actual black vertical bars of the fence should be. (This photo from where I took this crop has actually less of this than my other test image) Is this also CA like in the trees of my prior pic? If not, then any ideas what is happening here?

Here's the link: http://www.pbase.com/gc/image/56473726

The prior picture I have out there, if zoomed in enough, has these small horizontal bars all over the place to the right of the blue slide.

I appreciate everyone's patience. I spent a lot of money on this lens and I want to make sure I fully evaluate this thing and understand what is going on (or not going on) with it. Then I can decide whether it works as advertisted, to "live with it", try another copy, or just return it. If the problems are solely my technique, then I'll have to rethink things. If you can't successfully handhold the lens at the wider focal lengths, in adequate light, and get decent pictures, then I'll be disappointed.

Thanks again for the help!

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: One more 12-24 question

G