Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
photobri

Phoenix, US
2334 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
photobri Basic Member
Wed 27-Sep-00 12:36 PM

Hi,
I have a N80 and some decent lenses.. (80-200 2.8, Micro 55, 28-105...)
My question is how do you think/feel the new 70-300 G will perform? I know it is not extremely fast, but for outdoor still shots, some wedding shots (with tripod or monopod), flora... Do you feel it is worth the small price?
It may help me stop using my 80-200 for general purpose / fun shots (and due to cost of the lens and its weight, that might not be a bad thing!)
The low cost gives the impression that it might be low quality, but I am hoing the low cost is ONLY due to the cost cutting measures of no apperature ring - not an issue w/ the N80
Also, I think it is still uses distance info for flash ("D"), am I right?
I am dying to see it/ try it!

Brian

Phoenix Nikonian

Fine Art Wedding Photojournalism

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: New G lens, 70-300
          Reply message looking forward to reviews
               Reply message 70-300G - any sightings of this yet?
                    Reply message RE: 70-300G - any sightings of this yet?
                                   Reply message RE: 70-300G - macro de-confirmation
                                        Reply message RE: 70-300G - macro de-confirmation
                                             Reply message RE: 70-300G - on order

G