Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

A New Lens: Nikkor 28-200 F2.8 Vibration Reduction!!!!!

glenninduluth

US
184 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
glenninduluth Basic Member
Sun 17-Feb-02 11:38 PM

I don't know if there has been a post on this that I might have mist, but it looks like the second VR lens is on the way!

I just picked up the March issue of "Popular Photography" today. On page 20, while talking about a trip to Mt. Fuji, Herbert Keppler mentions a fellow trip member useing what is described as "the most impressive and heaviest optical artillery, the brand new 28-200 f2.8 VR Nikkor". There is a photo of the person useing the lens, but it really doesn't show the lens very well. Little else is mentioned about this lens. He says he made this trip last November. I assume this lens is still in development in Japan.

My questions are these: HOW MUCH AND WHEN!!! I have a feeling it will cost more than I will ever be able to afford but what a lens for us to all look forward to!

glenninduluth

Glenn
www.lakershots.com

G