Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

What about the Nikkor 24-85mm f/2.8-4 ???

arturek

Montreal, CA
58 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
arturek Registered since 12th Feb 2002
Tue 12-Feb-02 02:55 AM

I own since a few months a wonderful lens - the Nikkor zoom 24-85 f/2.8-4. I don't think that it is an optical reference, compared to primes, but considering the focal range and the wide aperture, I think it's spectacular. The images are very contrasty and reasonably sharp, and the distorsion everyone is complaining about, seems well within limits. And most of all, it's cheap for its quality and possibilities. How come the worse lens, which was the Nikkor 24-120mm Zoom, got so much lip service and coverage, yet this little wonder is being shunned and spoken about with reluctance and "Yes-but's"? I'd like to invite its owners to share what they think about it and about the "veil of silence" that surrounds it.

@rtur

"Everything is a set of circumstances"
"Wszystko jest zbiegiem okoliczności"

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: What about the Nikkor 24-85mm f/2.8-4 ???
     Reply message RE: About Nikkor 24-85mm f/2.8-4 ? Anyone ?

G