Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Camera shake, shutter speeds and zoom lenses?

va3rrr

Northern, CA
101 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
va3rrr Basic Member
Fri 01-Sep-00 07:27 PM

Rule of thumb, for telephoto's in handheld use shoot a shutter speed as fast or near the focal lenght of the lens used to control camera shake but I'm just wondering about the newer zooms out there now....
Say the 70-300mm ed, very short lens compaired to a telephoto at 300mm and a very nice handheld lens (which I'm considering buying), since this lens and others like it are so short is there any leway twards this rule? Could you get away with shoothing at 1/125 with zoom set at 300mm? I ask this question because I don't have very much experience with zooms, I've had a couple but stuck to tetephoto's and haven't played around with them much.

Thanks,

Randy

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Camera shake, shutter speeds and zoom lenses?

G