Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

24mm Nikkor lenses flaring and ghosting excessively

em_il2002y

Cortona, IT
18 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
em_il2002y Registered since 10th Aug 2004
Tue 10-Aug-04 11:10 AM

Dear Nikonians,
I'm new here. I hope someone can help me with this frustrating problem:

I do a lot of landscape and architectural photography and happily use the following Nikkors, often shooting close to or even into the sun, without any serious flaring or ghosting to cope with :
AIS 20mm f2.8
AFD 28mm f2.8
AFD 28-70 zoom f3.5-f4.5

I also have a second hand AF (non-D)version of the 24mm f2.8 which has reasonably good definition, although it is not up to the standards of the above lenses.
However, this 24 mm lens flares and ghosts considerably more than I would wish for - unlike the other lenses. Very frustrating because the angle of view of this lens (82°) is essential in many photographic situations.

QUESTION: what do you suggest as a low-flare, low-ghosting 24mm lens that would fit my analogical Nikons ?

Does anyone know if the NIC coating on the 24mm AFD version is better in this respect ? Or the 24mm f2 AIS perhaps ?

Thanks for your help and comments

Ciao
Rupert Palmer
Cortona
Italy

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: 24mm Nikkor lenses flaring and ghosting excessively

G