Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

28-105D Specification Inconsistencies??

Vikingobbler

Arlington, US
36 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
Vikingobbler Basic Member
Wed 24-Oct-01 07:40 PM

Howdy.

I'm looking around for the best deal on the 28-105D right now, and am finding that different sites list different specs on the lens. Here are the specs in question:

• Filter size: Nikonusa.com and photoalley.com list the filter/attachment size as 52mm, yet B&H lists it as 62mm.
  • Lens dimensions: Same site references, listing 2.8 x 3.2 inches, and 2.9 x 3.6 inches, respectively.

I certainly don't want to be buying the wrong lens! Also, if anyone has any comparison/technical information on this lens versus the Tamron 24-135, please let me know. That lens has turned me on because of it's range.

Thanks.
-Lars (the rookie)
Arlington, VA

G