Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

ken rockwell's review of 300 f4 AF-S

judy_t

328 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
judy_t Basic Member
Mon 15-Oct-01 02:31 AM

i found the link that i mentioned in an earlier thread about this version having 77mm filter size vs 82mm on non AF-S.he is suspicious of this because to get f4 at 300mm, "a clear aperture of 75mm is needed + a larger filter size to prevent mechanical vignetting at the sides of image" at wide open. he is concerned that it is neither a true f4 nor 300mm or there may be some "nasty" falloff at f4. on another note, he is not impressed by coupling of 80-200 f2.8 AF-S with TC-14e to achieve near equivalent. i was considering purchase of this lens but mr. rockwell's comments have me concerned. could anyone comment? welcome back all you travellers. i'm glad you had a great time.
we're anticipating some views of your adventure. judy from clearing northwest

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: ken rockwell's review of 300 f4 AF-S
                         Reply message RE: ken who??'s review of 300 f4 AF-S

G