Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Can someone help me? I'm having problems with my SB28 flash

bill mcdad

2 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
bill mcdad Basic Member
Mon 28-Aug-00 04:33 AM

since i bought this flash every single picture almost have come out underexposed..!
I know i'm not doing any thing wrong because i'm simply following the directions .
i normally shoot with an F5 body and a the tammron 28-105 *2.8
last week i had a shoot ,it was a shower party for a friend of mine(thanks god).I was asked to take some pictures and i did
use the f5 -my tammron and the crazy flash of mine ..my film then was fuji 800 nghII .
knowing that my pictures might come out under i custom rated my film speed to 400 instead and made sure both the camera and the flash raed that .
the place were the shower took place was a restaurant and the hall had a lot of ambient light (not flauracent).
I shot two rolls of film and made sure before every other shot that the flash was fully rycicled. also went with the distance the flash read that i can shoot with .for example if i used an f6.3 and flash read i can be withen 20 feet from my subject matter ,i made sure i did ,i however noticed that ever time i changed my fstop the camera still used a speed of 60's .
i did think it was a problem because i thought my fstop should only effect the distance my flash is covering ,and i made sure that was followed . still most of pictures came out a stop under .and that is really getting to me..
however some of the photos i took using a bigger fstop like 2.8 came out okay . what should i do ?
a friend of mine said that i should have switched to slow shutter speed in the custom sitting and let the camera sync at slower speed . but what i don't get is why didn't my flash tell me that the picture i just took was under.. since it's cabable of doing that .. and in the future what should i do ?..
by the way my camera and flash came back from a repaire shop a month ago with no problem found ?!

G