Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

buying all new lenses, tell me your favorites

cre8tive1

Tustin, US
70 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
cre8tive1 Basic Member
Fri 12-Oct-01 09:25 PM

I had all of my Nikon equipment stolen last week. I had an F4 with all manual focus lenses.

So I am in the market to purchase new lenses now after being away for about 10 years. The lenses I have previously were great in my opinion, but my insurance company is not giving me the $7000 I would need to replace them all so I need to pick my lenses very carefully. I am looking at purchasing about 5 in all for the moment.

I shoot indoor/outdoor for portraits, fashion, and advertising. Plus outdoor wildlife, landscapes on my own time. I also shoot a lot of parties, candid situations. I need to get sharp images at around 8x6 to 8x10.

Let me know what you all think are the best lenses if you also shoot in these settings.

I will be purchasing an F100/F5 depending on how much the lenses cost me.

thanks in advance,

Ciao, Jerry

Jerry Ross

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: buying all new lenses, tell me your favorites
                                   Reply message bokeh, shmokeh... it is just a word.
                                        Reply message Sharpness in portraits is not necessarily a good thing
Reply message Left-handed F100
Reply message RE: Left-handed F100

G