Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon 28-70 2.8 D IF-ED AF - S

RickD

Western New York, US
3939 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
RickD Basic Member
Tue 04-Sep-01 12:11 AM

Hello All,

This will be the first time I have asked for any ones advice about a lens. I have always been able to make up my mind by doing my own research and reading reviews. I want to buy two new lenses in the next couple of weeks.

1. Nikkor 80-200 F/2.8D IF-ED AF-S
2. Nikkor 28-70 F/2.8D IF-ED AF-S

I have read what reviews there are on the 28-70 AFS. Nelson Tans review on this lens says that the lens does not change it's length while it is focusing. There is no mention of of how this lens zooms. My question about this is..Does it zoom internally too? I have read in another review that the lens changes its size but it was not mentioned if it changed during zoom or during focusing.

If any one has any experience with this lens I would appreciate any information you could give me on it. Good or bad.

Also Nelson talked about the Tokina 28-70 2.6 - 2.8 ATX Pro II
and gave it a very good review. Any body have any experience with this lens? It is almost 4 times less expensive than the comparable Nikkor. Just wondering!!!!

Later,
Rick D

Yes, we have MEMBERS GALLERIES. Why not upload a few of your own photos!

Got a personal website? Click here to join the Nikonians Webring.

More about me and the team on the Team page

Later,
Rick D. Õ¿Õ

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon 28-70 2.8 D IF-ED AF - S