Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

various nikkor 80-200mm f2.8 AF lenses

judy_t

328 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
judy_t Basic Member
Fri 24-Aug-01 01:26 AM

i am so confused: everyone has a different opinion about which version is the mechanically &/or optically superior. there are so many alphabet soup designations after each one & then there's the collar & non-collar. i have the non-collar AF ED D (non-AF-S & non-IF). i just talked to bryan at RRS (clarifying product info). he said get rid of that one & trade it for the one that came out in october, 1996. his reason: mine would bugger up lens mount on f100 if i understood him correctly. he also said that mechanically & optically the october, 1996 version was better. & i just ordered a used kirk tripod mount for it. some pros on their web pages ( i searched thru the links on this site) said other versions were better. also, will B&H understand what i'm ordering? the reason i'm asking is that their ads describe tripod version as "new" which to me mean more recent than 1996. also, moose peterson doesn't mention any whose introductory date is october, 1996 just a 1992. i know i told him mine was the f2.8. please help. judy, from still rain-drenched northwest

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: various nikkor 80-200mm f2.8 AF lenses

G