Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Kenko Pro 300 1.4x TC

jules

UK
967 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jules Basic Member
Fri 17-Aug-01 07:31 AM

Any way of getting one of the above (the version that works with AF/AFS)over to england? Our importer of THK introphoto has told me that the ones they have do not work with AFS so they must be the old (black) version.I need a converter to work with my newly aquired 300mm F4 AFS lens but i think the nikon TC is out of my league at the moment anyone know what this one is like? Also i have the nikon TC20E but i don't think i will have too much use out of it on this lens i bought the 300 because i was not satisfied with results from the 80-200 afs + converter and i hear that the results from 1.4 converters are better is this true? i guess the magnification of the image is less so it may be better quality? Anyway would the 1.4x kenko + 300mm be noticeably better than the 80-200 + 2x nikkor converter? Oh and BTW if i go for the 1.4 i may be selling the 2x converter so how much should i ask for it i have rarely seen them on ebay so i don't know how much they go for?
Sorry for so many questions jules.

www.exaggeratedperspectives.com

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Kenko Pro 300 1.4x TC