Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

tripod collar for nikkor 80-200mm f2.8 push-pull lens

judy_t

328 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
judy_t Basic Member
Fri 03-Aug-01 04:06 AM

this was my first purchase on e-bay. the lesson learned is to do your homework. stupid, stupid me.i was unaware that 2 versions (non-afs) existed & the seller, if i remember correctly, didn't differentiate. so, i ended up paying almost as much for this lens as for current one with 2 rings & tripod collar. water under the bridge, pre-awareness of nikonians site. my question is, after only finding 1 reference to tripod collars on this site's search, where can i find a tripod collar? or, should i just bite the proverbial bullet with these choices: sell to a reseller or use as is? i did get a good deal on a bogen 3036, sans head, through e-bay. this tripod should be sturdy enough with the right head (still researching panhead vs ballhead) to support this lens & f2 or f100 (if i ever get it - making uninformed choices is $$$ & i won't get fooled again, thanks to all the generous help on this site). what should i do?
judy, from still cloudy northwest

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: tripod collar for nikkor 80-200mm f2.8 push-pull le...

G