Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Teleconverter TC-17E II 1.7X will not focus with new 80 -400 mm lens

joanvet

felton, US
15 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
joanvet Gold Member Nikonian since 25th Feb 2013
Sun 24-Nov-13 01:41 AM

I purchased the TC-17EII to use with my 70-200 mm nikon lens and D800 camera and the autofocus always worked great. I was lucky to obtain the new 80-400 mm lens and tried the TC with it. There was no problem with autofocus between 80 and 200 mm but after that there was only continuous seeking with no focus point ever achieved even in bright light. I am a new photographer (less than a year) but love the equipment and wonder if I am doing something wrong or if the TC or the lens is not compatible or is defective? Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks so much for your input!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Teleconverter TC-17E II 1.7X will not focus with n...

G