Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Help needed with Teleconverter

greenhorn

Pudsey, UK
243 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
greenhorn Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2007
Tue 19-Nov-13 03:30 PM

I have a problem which seems to be impossible to resolve.

Are there any Nikonians in the UK who can help me dealing with the machinations of the Nikon Repair centre.

I take pictures of birds. I use an AFS 300mm F4 + TC14E. For many years I shot a D300.

The lens autofocusses perfectly but with the TC attached I have to dial in +20. Eventually I decided to do something about it. I sent all 3 to the repair centre. They arrived back with a note saying they had been tested and a slight adjustment made to the camera.

Unfortunately the autofocus remained unchanged. I contacted them and was asked to send it all back, which I did. A week or so later they all arrived back with a note saying there was nothing wrong. They did not contact me before sending them back.

At that stage I gave up, knowing that I would soon be getting a new camera. I now have a beautiful new D800 but the problem is precisely the same. Since the problem only appears when the TC is used it is reasonable to assume that it is the culprit.

I contacted Nikon support who, as I suspected, suggested going through the whole process again. I am loathe to do this.

Is there anyone out there who has any suggestions what I could do.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Help needed with Teleconverter