Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
potica69

Palm Beach, US
13 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
potica69 Registered since 01st Nov 2013
Mon 18-Nov-13 08:48 AM | edited Mon 18-Nov-13 09:13 AM by potica69

An older, well-seasoned photographer member of the Boynton Beach Camera Club (to which I belong) recently started a Nikon special interest group whereby he gives instruction on Nikon's top end DSLR's like the D800, D600, D300, D7100 and others.

In the first class he gave us some valuable web sites to use to further our Nikon education. (one of them was this site!)

Anyway, another site he recommended we use is: http://www.dxomark.com He claimed that this site is the standard for testing lenses.

I looked over the ratings of various high-end Nikon lenses, and to my dismay, the ratings were rather poor - low to average ratings for most lenses. What is that all about?

I've browsed several of the member galleries on the nikonians.org site and saw many outstanding photos with information regarding the lenses used to take those photos. I then looked at those lense ratings on dxomark.com, and the scores are fair to poor. Am I missing something? Are the lense scores on dxomark.com just way too snobbish or uppity? Are their rating standards unrealistically too high?

Can anyone enlighten me on this issue?

Thanks

potica69

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: dxomark.com