Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

wow, Nikkor 85mm AFS f/1.8G is a real game changer

VictorSuarez

Carmel, US
308 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
VictorSuarez Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Apr 2013
Sat 16-Nov-13 08:25 PM | edited Sat 16-Nov-13 08:28 PM by VictorSuarez

I have never owned such a creative lens. Just made the move from a D7100 and a Tamron 24-70 this week to a D610, Nikkor 50mm AFS f/1.4 and the 85 and I am extremely thrilled. It's like a whole new frontier that at the same time makes me feel at "home" as 30+ years ago I shot 35mm film. Went to "the dark side" of point and shoots then to DX with a D90 upgraded to a D7100 6 mo. ago. Been through half dozen zooms over the last couple years only to realize they are too heavy for my taste hence the addition of the 50 & 85 this week. I held onto a Tamron 70-300 f/4-5.6 for wildlife and zoo type stuff. For some reason with a zoom as my walk around lens I seemed to always be searching through the range versus taking the damn shot!
In any event I just wanted to trumpet how good the 85 is but the many reviews speak for themselves obviously. What a fun creative focal length!

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: wow, Nikkor 85mm AFS f/1.8G is a real game changer

G