Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Getting ready for trip

stash

US
685 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
stash Gold Member Charter Member
Sat 09-Nov-13 10:07 AM | edited Sat 09-Nov-13 12:29 PM by stash

Getting the final equipment ready for my trip to the islands.
Taking the D610, 16-35, 50 1.8 and 70-300vr. I feel this is a good range to bring, but a little concerned the 16-35 is a short range lens BUT again I love WA.
Question: I had a D300 and a 16-85 and it was my walk around setup 90% of the time. I have a Think-tank size 40 case "not version 2" and it fit my D300/16-85 perfectly.

I just got my 16-35 and it fits a little snugly in my think-tank case 40. Does anybody know it the ver 2.0 of the think-tank 40 is bigger in the diameter? with the 16-85 being a little wider diameter it’s a snug fit.
OR
does anyone have an idea for another brand of carrying case similar to the think-tank? I love the way it looks, carries and the flap that protects the screen so that the straps don’t scratch it.

Almost got the 24-120 and a prime 20mm, it might have been better setup/carry around 80% of the time. I am a sharp-aholic and from what I've read the 16-35 is sharper then the 24-120 in general, thus the reason for the 16-35.

I was quite satisfied with the 16-85 I had on my D300, and I'm sure the 24-120 would be sharper then it was.

Final question----return 16-35 and get the 24-120? Just looking for comments

Pearl Harbor----16-35 and 50mm "will carry the 50mm in my pocket" or 24-120 again just looking for comments.

Thanks for any info!

PS--I'm probably reading too much, brain overload.

Stash

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Getting ready for trip

G