Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Interesting Release from Nikon about VR Standards

walk43

Pennsylvania, US
719 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
walk43 Registered since 07th Feb 2012
Thu 07-Nov-13 05:51 PM | edited Thu 07-Nov-13 05:52 PM by walk43

This perhaps should by posted in the "Lenses Forum" but I think it's of real interest to D800 users in general since we almost all use some VR lenses.

Below is a link to a Nikon Imaging release (last updated Oct. 17, 2013) stating that beginning July 1, 2013,CIPA has introduced a 'standard' for measuring Image Stabilization performance for digital cameras. This is apparently to make all image stabilization somewhat easier to compare across lenses and manufacturers.

Here is the link where Nikon has published the number of effective stops gained by VR in each of their FX and DX lenses.

https://nikoneurope-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/57751/~/nikkor-lens-vibration-reduction-%28vr%29-performance

I had never seen the actual stops gained by Nikon VR, by lens, before... so I thought I would share it with others who may also be interested.

Dan
(Nikon D800,V2,Sony HX400V,Lumix ZS40)
"I don't read, I just look at pictures" - Andy Warhol

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Interesting Release from Nikon about VR Standards