Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

MF Override for pre AF-S lenses

HenkB

Wayland, US
549 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
HenkB Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2004
Mon 14-Oct-13 04:37 PM | edited Mon 14-Oct-13 04:57 PM by HenkB

I had a sort of D'OH moment the other day. It concerns my several screw drive lenses and quickly changing to MF to get the lens in the ballpark whenever the detail I want to focus on is not what the camera thinks I should have in focus. Yes, one can easily enough get to the AF-MF lever arm and it's also easy enough to learn the motions but one has to pull it out for MF and push it in for AF and these motions don't come naturally with the viewfinder up to the eye. What if, thought I, one were to simply press the lens release button, bring the focus back to the small detail the camera refused to consider, release the lens release button and autofocus once more. I've done this successfully a few times and it seems like a keeper but...

The question I have is whether anyone else has experience with this and, additionally, whether there are only good things to say about the behavior or whether there are any horror stories. Cursory searching of the archives did not turn anything up.

Best,

Hendrik

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: MF Override for pre AF-S lenses