Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
luisfelipetrigo

Galveston, US
22 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
luisfelipetrigo Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Jun 2008
Thu 15-Aug-13 10:55 PM

Hi all:
I have a AF-S Nikkor 17-55mm 1:2.8G ED lens that I have been using since 2008 with my Nikon D1Xs.
Last week I, as I was walking down some stairs I lost my footing and fell down. Unfortunately, and with poor judgement, I protected myself instead of my equipment and used both hands to stop my fall.
The camera/lens, which is heavy, hit the concrete floor on the edge of the lens and bounced to hit on the opposite side of the lens rim before coming to a stop. The camera is in working order, none of the glass elements is broken/damaged... BUT the zoom mechanism is not working. Instead of a range of 17 to 55 I have a range of about 37 to 42.

I need help in determining where to send it for repair (assuming it is repairable).

Thanks to all for your help.

Luis Felipe Trigo

G