Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Problem with lens mount

hujiie

US
582 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
hujiie Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Apr 2009
Wed 15-May-13 01:43 AM

I was shooting Art installation at the museum with 14-24 2.8f on D800E. When I change it to other lens, as usual, I pressed the camera releasing lens button and started to turn the lens by counter clockwise motion to take it out. I was not cautious enough and the lens went to out of alignment to stack on the camera. I somehow took the lens out of the body and the 800E has some scratches on the inner mounts. When I remount this lens to the body, it stopped proper mounting position but did not stop the unmounting position, where all the other lenses stop by counter clock wise motions with the camera lens release button pressed. It keep on turning passing the proper position. I checked my other D800E body but it is the same. I am thinking of sending it out after the seasons (wedding etc…). It is under 5 years warranty, but I feel that I need to pay for this to be repaired. Any thoughts????

This is my bread-and-butter lens and use it very often…..

www.hitoshiujiie.com/photography.html

G