Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

My 35mm F/1.4 Manual Focus Button Appears Broken?

spiritualized67

Western PA, US
3290 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
spiritualized67 Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas, most notably in Street & Landscape Photography Nikonian since 01st Mar 2007
Mon 13-May-13 04:07 PM

A rudimentary question for sure - but I just want to make sure I'm not overlooking something obvious.

My 35mm F/1.4 still focuses, even when the lens is switched to "M". A typical scenario involves focusing with Live View using a cable release cord. Once it acquires focus, I switch the lens to manual to lock in.

I know it's not the cable release, because even the camera shutter release button will cause the camera to focus when the lens is on M (and it shouldn't). It will focus lock when I switch the camera to Manual servo focus, as it should.

I'm thinking the lens AF/M switch is defective - as my 70-200 and 24-70 lock focus when I switch to M. Am I missing anything? Just checking.

Thanks,
Dan

G