Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikkor 600mm f/4 VR II

Fovea

Colombo, LK
3653 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Fovea Gold Member Nikonian since 26th Sep 2002
Thu 25-Apr-13 05:45 PM

Hi Everyone
I need a bit of help from owners of Nikon 600mm lens.

1. How easy or difficult is it to operate this thing from a back of a safari vehicle (On gimbal and a sturdy tripod of course) compared to a 500mm lens.
2. What sort of strategies do you guys use when travelling & checking in for air travel with this lens (I already own bags that can carry the lens)

Unfortunately I have no way of testing the 600mm out without buying it or travelling to another city.

I've shot with the 500mm several times in the past and happy with it, but for my primary purpose of shooting birds the extra focal length is quite appealing.
After the announcement of 800mm I was waiting to see whether they'd come up with a 500/600 build in TC ...... may be they'll do it just after I buy one of these!!!!

Regards
Dinil

Struck by Light - Blog & Gallery
Visible Range - Commercial photography & digital imaging solutions

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikkor 600mm f/4 VR II