Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Age old question about which lens

lautry

Panama City Beach, US
121 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
lautry Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Oct 2011
Mon 22-Apr-13 08:07 PM | edited Mon 22-Apr-13 08:08 PM by lautry

I know this has probably been asked about a million times but this is my first post in this forum. I am relatively new to dslr cameras. I have owned a D7000 with 18-200 lens for about a year. This has been my learning camera and I am beginning to have consistent success with my photos. One day maybe within the next two years I would like to sell my current camera and lens and migrate upward to FX such as the D600 or whatever comes out by that time as entry level FX. I would like to upgrade my lens now and I have gotten the feeling in reading forums that a good lens may be really more important than the camera body. With that in mind I am thinking of buying the Nikon 24-120mm f/4G ED VR AF-S NIKKOR as a walk around upgrade to my 18-200. I know the lens will be choked down on the DX camera but when I get the FX camera the lens will be there and ready. May I have your opinions please? These forums have been a wealth of information for me.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Age old question about which lens