Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Reading between the lines- is the TC-20E III on a "last buy"?

PeterBeckett

Lincoln, US
835 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
PeterBeckett Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 04th Jan 2010
Wed 10-Apr-13 01:44 PM

Mmmmmm! I wonder...

Due entirely to some recent posts which illustrate that a TC-20E III works very well with a current 70-200/2.8 AND a current 400/2.8, I decided to order one. B&H was out-of-stock, so I used their "notify when in stock" function. This morning, I received the e-mailed notice below (abstracted).

My immediate reaction is to wonder if this TC is about to be obsoleted and replaced by a new version.

What is YOUR interpretation?

Pete

(Partial quote)

Dear Customer
Thank you for your interest in the following item:

Nikon TC-20E III 2x Teleconverter for AF-S & AF-I Lenses
(B&H # NITC20E3)
You are receiving this message because you asked to be notified when this item becomes available. This item is now available as a Special Order and is non-cancelable and non-returnable. Estimated arrival at B&H is 7-14 business days (subject to availability). You will be charged upon placing your order.
Please click the URL below to view the item:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/672202-USA/Nikon_2189_AF_S_Teleconverter_TC_20E_IIIE15
If clicking the above link does not direct you to the product page, please copy and paste B&H item code NITC20E3 into the search box located on the upper left-hand side of our website.
*Please note: This notification was sent to customers on a first-come first-served basis. The item was available at the time we sent this email. Due to the demands on our inventory we cannot guarantee that this item will remain available.
If the item is no longer available by the time you visit our website, you may opt-in again by clicking here. You will then be placed at the front of the queue when the item becomes available again.
We appreciate your business.

Product Availability Update

Nikon

B&H # NITC20E3
TC-20E III 2x Teleconverter for AF-S & AF-I Lenses>

(End of quote)

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Reading between the lines- is the TC-20E III on a "...

G