Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Great Egret in flight with new 80-400

Betty L

Oklahoma City, US
103 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Betty L Registered since 27th Aug 2012
Fri 05-Apr-13 04:20 AM | edited Fri 05-Apr-13 04:21 AM by Betty L

I forgot that I shot this image the first or second day after getting my new lens. I didn't spend much time in this area and went on to shoot other things, and didn't even look at this image until today.

As I said before, I have very little experience shooting birds in flight because I never could seem to get focus before they left the frame. This one is decent, better than I expected with my paltry experience. I have no idea why I had my D800 set on ISO 250 on such a bright sunny day, but I think it was because I was trying to shoot into the shadowy trees where the birds were building nests.
Anyway, I had it set at 1/250, f20. Did I get defraction? This was shot hand held through the window of my car.

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

G