Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

80-200AFS+TC20E COMBO

jules

UK
967 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jules Basic Member
Wed 11-Jul-01 06:31 AM

I have been using the above for a while now and read with interest all the discussion on the recently introduced 80-400 VR lens. I know this is probably old ground but can anyone give me first hand info on the VR against my 80-200+TC20E combination. I am only concerned about optics we all know how good the VR capability is, but if it's a tad soft during VR operation is it very much sharper than what i am using now? BTW i am not flaming the VR in any way i think it's a great advance, iv'e just moved into aviation photography and think that the lens would be a boon to me. However to get it i would have to part with my 80-200 +TC20E+probably an F100 body too! So it would have to be good, i wouldn't mind dropping from two F100'S to one and maybe an F80 as i think this is also a good camera so i would like to ask what the VR focusing is like on the F80 as well.
Sorry for so many questions jules.

www.exaggeratedperspectives.com

G