Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikkor 300mm f/4 ED-IF-new purchase!

ronaldbegg

Ocean Grove, AU
104 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
ronaldbegg Registered since 26th Dec 2010
Sun 24-Mar-13 06:29 AM

Hullo all, just an update on my telephoto lens investigation.
Some keen readers may recall I was asking for views on this lens compared to my Sigma 150-500 OS.
Well, not knocking the Sigma......it's great for the price......the Nikkor is just amazing.
Never have I shot such clear pics...of birds, trees, or whatever!

I always try to get down to Bells Beach...about 20 minutes from Ocean Grove...and catch the action in the Rip Curl Pro over Easter.

Last year and the one before, I took the Sigma.......the shots were good, but not great.
I have tested the new lens here on the surf beach and am thrilled with the results....reach may be a touch less, but the clarity and sharpness of the prime lens has amazed me!

I will be down to see Kelly Slater and our Aussie lads over Easter...wish me luck...not with the lens...but the weather!

Oh, by the way I am waiting for the Nikkor 1.4 TC, should arrive prior to Good Friday!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikkor 300mm f/4 ED-IF-new purchase!
Reply message Thanks for your help!

G