Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Much to my surprise, 24-70's go back

Anothergo

Warrington, US
55 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Anothergo Registered since 04th Dec 2012
Fri 15-Mar-13 11:10 PM | edited Fri 15-Mar-13 11:13 PM by Anothergo

So I picked up a 24-70 2.8 not that long ago, and I must say, what a great lens. Detailed, phenomenal contrast and color and the build quality really shows. So I'm in a camera store and I pick up a 24-120 f4. Nice lens. I then pick up and place on my camera another 24-70 just for kicks, and it seems even nicer than the one I had. The viewfinder is not the final judge by any means, but my experience is that if it looks a good bit more detailed on the back of the camera then it will likely be more detailed on my monitor and print. So I pick up this copy and return the other 24-70. Now I have this one for a while and just to be sure, because I never really took any pix with the 24-120 when I mounted it I went back and took about 25 pix to take home to Lightroom.

So here I sit today the proud owner of a fantastic copy of a Nikkor 24-120 f4, and I wonder why I would ever spend the extra $700(sale price) on the 24-70 unless I REALLY needed the shutter speed under light that forced a suboptimal speed greater than 3200-6400 ISO on my D600. Geez, what a great lens. This lens has fantastic color and contrast. The VR and extra 50mm FL are just a bonus.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Much to my surprise, 24-70's go back