Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Distance to Infinity?

JimH

Easton, US
289 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
JimH Silver Member Charter Member
Thu 14-Mar-13 03:44 AM

Hi all...

I just recieved my Nikkor 85mm 1.4G today. It came late in the day, I did a test shot out of an open window from my house, focusing on trees across the street. The aperture was set @ f/2 The trees are at a distance of around 40 feet or so. I noticed not all of the trees and branches were in focus and the horizon off in the distance was definitely not in focus. Obviously the trees were not at infinity. I assumed at that distance, they would be.

So this leaves me wondering... What is the distance from this lens to be at "infinity" I looked at the specs. for this lens, but I don't see any mention of what I'm looking for, just the minimum focusing distance is stated. Are there any tables or charts that would state the distance "from" the lens to be in focus at infinity?

Thanks
Jim H.

"Things are'nt always quite as cherry, as they first seem"

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Distance to Infinity?