Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Focus with 70-200 VRII

Cledrito

UK
7 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Cledrito Registered since 13th Mar 2013
Wed 13-Mar-13 10:24 PM

Hello,

I am new to the Forum. I have, what I think, may a problem with my 70-200mm VRII. I have less than a year with it and I had noticed recently that the focus point in my image never is the one I thought I used, even when I am using a tripod. I have also tested it with manual focus and it is the same.

I am using a D700. I normally use the Dynamic AF area 51, with focus point warp-around on and AF ON.

My copy does make a bit of sound while focusing. I have nothing to compare to, my previous system, a sony, did a heck of a sound while using my 75-300. Compared to that one this is not as noisy, but, I am not sure if it should be making any noise at all.

Has anyone had the same experience? Could it be my copy? Or could I be doing something wrong? I would appreciate your input.

Thanks a lot!

Roger

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Focus with 70-200 VRII