Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon 70-200 f/4 for sports?

Nikon32250

St. Augustine, US
4021 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Nikon32250 Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Mar 2004
Sun 03-Mar-13 03:18 AM

I have been reading a lot of favorable reviews about this lens. I shoot a fair amount of HS football and soccer. How does this lens compare so far as fast AF and subject isolation? I currently have an 80-200 f/2.8 AF-S (which I think is a wonderful lens), but would welcome a lighter version so long as it meets or exceeds the 80-200 performance. I would be using with a D7000 or a D3.

I also have a 70-300 VR, but I would prefer the fixed and faster aperture of the 70-200 f/4. If I liked the F/4 I would probably wind up selling both the 80-200 and 70-300, and then slap on a 1.4 TC to the 70-200 when I needed the extra range.

Graham
From St. Augustine, FL. "I like photographers, you don't ask questions." Ronald Reagan to White House Press Photogs

http://www.ancientcityphotography.com/>

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G